The following fill in the blank responses come from pop rockers, Worth Taking. The band recorded their energetic debut EP, Anxious, in 2011. Worth Taking recently released their new track, “This One’s For You,” off their upcoming full length, Hangman. Their Jimmy Eat World and Blink-182 influences shine through in all of their releases, so I’m excited to hear the rest of the new record. Learn more about the band from their responses and be sure to check out “This One’s For You” and “Different Now” below.
Three words we’d use to describe us are….Faster. Harder. Stronger.
The story/meaning behind our name Worth Taking is….Something we never tell. It means whatever it means to you.
We met each other….We all met in San Francisco. I met Chris just after I started the band in 2011 through a mutual friend. Chase joined us for a tour in 2014 and never left (Jerod).
The pickiest eater is….Chris, but in this case “pickiest” really means “healthiest.”
The most OCD member is….Hard to say. We all definitely have our routines when it comes to our playing, our instruments, etc.
For fun we like to….Make music, obviously. Chris, however, runs marathons and ultra marathons.
We’re currently listening to….
- I’m revisiting the Box Car Racer record and really jamming out to Eve 6’s “Speak In Code” (Jerod)
- Taking Back Sunday, Something Corporate, and Cartel are on heavy rotation (Chris)
- Newest albums from Neck Deep, New Found Glory, and Mayday Parade (Chase).
Our favorite 90s jams include….
- blink-182 – Josie, Bryan White – Someone Else’s Star, John Williams – Home Alone Main Title (Jerod)
- Fresh Prince theme song, Notorious BIG – Mo Money Mo Problems, Coolio – Gangsta’s Paradise (Chase)
- Foo Fighters – Everlong, 311 – Beautiful Disaster, Incubus – Pardon Me (Chase)
Our favorite tracks to play live include….We all agree on “I Like The Movie Version Better” and “The Rescue”
The first song we wrote together was….No idea. It’s all a blur.
Hangman was recorded in…about a year. We recorded the drums, bass, and guitars in San Francisco and the rest was done in Nashville.
One thing we want you to remember while listening to our music is….We mean it. Every single word. We hope you discover that when you listen.
Something odd we want our fans to know about us is….We have band meetings at the Cheesecake Factory.
We’re absolutely terrified of….I’m terrified of heights! On our last tour Jerod and Chase made me go up to the top of the arch in St Louis and I was holding on for dear life haha, but it was the most amazing experience ever! (Chris)
Our last meals would be….
- My Granny’s hash brown casserole (Jerod)
- My mom’s roast with carrots, potatoes, and onions, a tall beer, mom’s cheery cheesecake and Jerod’s mom’s cream cheese pie! (Chris)
- Chicken Bellagio and a slice of cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory (Chase)
In the next six months you should expect….Our record to go platinum. Mostly because our moms are buying ~300k copies each. Seriously, we are going to be playing a lot of shows so that everyone can hear this record live. Come hang out with us!